Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Report

I think this weekend, well actually since Wednesday, has been a little too much fun. It just goes to show you what a girl can do to someone. Wednesday night I, the two American, and one Italian girl went out for what was originally just a mellow Tapas excursion into the city. Somehow one of us came up with the idea of going to a nearby "Rock" (more swinging oldies) bar that they had wanted to show me. What then showed its self was a night of gluttony, like hoards returning from battle to celebrate are victories. I had been really attracted to one of the girls for some time (well generally since I first lay eyes on her) but had not made a "move" because of the tension that I figured would emerge with another one of the girls.
It turned out or at least I think it did that the girl liked me as well. Well a problem that I seem to always have with a girl I like is I start not thinking in common sense and instead I am transformed into a savage barbarian doff, the only thing on my mind is the girl and all else seems to just zip past my ears at light speed. Thursday night was thankfully pretty chill and in reflection I am glad because the weekend was much more then I wanted.
Friday night we went (Two girls and the German boyfriend number II) to the museum about 30 min before it closed. Actually it was a pretty impressive museum with a lot of interactive panel boards that are in Spanish and English. After the museum we came over to my house to have a few drinks and visit because my apartment is near the museum. We agreed that we would meet at La Cueva (A rock bar we were told was very cool) at sometime past midnight. Once they left my timid roommates creped out of their room to visit with me. It turned out they were going to La Cueva as well, so I went with them at 1130.
What a relief to actually go to a bar with good music....two stories with the top being the better of the two all night but Saturday, because of better music. A shitty DJ was rolling away on the turntables like he was newborn baby trying to put together a rubrics cube. I hung out with my Spanish friends for about an hour before the two girls showed up. The night was pretty fun and we even saw our Professora with her boyfriend. Funny that just that morning she was in the hospital for test and the same night having a good time at the bar.
We finished up at 330 and headed out in search of another bar (Me, two girls and the German guy). One of the girls did not want to continue into the darkness of the night so she headed back home with the German following after her. Turns out that she does not really like him anymore but cant tell him straight up....kind of sucks, I would much rather be told then played with. So we walked into a few bars only to walk right back out and then just walked around chatting until 430 or so.
Saturday was not much better. After sleeping late because of the 5am bed time, I went down to the beach to read my book and enjoy the beautiful day. After a couple of hours I ran into my roommates getting some lunch on the beach so I stopped to have a drink with them. They told me that tonight (Saturday) there was a very famous flamenco singer. My friend and I had been invited on Wednesday night by my roommate’s friends to get into the concert for free because her mom worked at the place. Flash forward to about 830 (concert at 10), my roommates are watching a movie when all of a sudden they get up and say I am I ready to go to the concert because we have to be there at exactly 845. I attempt to be ready but on the way I realize I still have to pick up my friend.....so I get dropped off and attempt to get the friend with time to spare but it was just to limited of a window. Another odd way of doing things here in Spain. O well, in reflection I should have gone but instead I went for the girl.
Sushi for dinner with the two friends, back to La Cueva to watch a blues concert. This time downstairs at the same bar, a great local blues band rocked out until 230am. It was a great time until the Germans arrived and then I got distracted from the good music. I stayed out until 540am that night. It was not such for the enjoyment of the night but more what a girl can do to your mind. In the end I do not know if I am being played with or what the case is but I cannot do the late night thing again. It is just not worth it....or maybe it is, for now I have to remember THESIS THESIS not fiesta, fiesta!!

Peace and Love
Ty

No comments: