Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday report

Nothing to exciting to report really. Yesterday I had class until 230 which was pretty typical class. There were times when the frustration levels were immense, similar to a my head being like the top a thermometer….just waiting for that next word not to make since, because of a complete understanding of the Spanish being thrown around the rooms and then were times when I do pretty good. My expertise of course is more in the cultural things....this seems easier for me to at least attempt to put a sentence together. The only unusual thing that happened was one of my classes mates kind of freaked out. We were taking turns talking about the city we live and it was this persons time to go....me and the other classmate were silently clowning around....the person talking thought we were laughing at her and snapped into almost tears....we explained are selves and all was better but still a little odd. Shit like that makes me nervous and contradicts how I can act around her because I have to worry about hurting her feelings. My profesora did say that she thinks I have all ready learned a lot, so she is either a nice person or it has approved somewhat.
Flash forward to the night. After running (along with two friends who are trying to get into running), we met back up for a few tapas. My friend Demali helped me to semi translate my interview from Wednesday. I found out a couple more interesting facts but things I kind of all ready knew. It was a good start but a bit short. She refused to let me buy here tapas for helping me and said that she liked to translate because it helped her with Spanish and English. So cool for me.....the problem that may arise is not having direct quotes to use in the paper and instead paraphrasing from what they are saying.
Today I did not have class until 1pm so I got to sleep in. It was one of the better nights of sleep I have had in awhile and was needed. Tonight I think I will go out with my friend Roman that is if he calls me. Tomorrow night there is a blues/rock concert at my favorite bar, La Cueva. Ooo In addition I got the names of three professors that should give me interviews or at least point me to where I can get one. In addition, Roman has one friend that works for a seed company here in Almeria and another friend that is a chemist or hydrologist for a greenhouse that should be willing to give me an interview. The final row of interviews will hopefully come via the husband of a friend’s friend.....
Que Mas
I signed up for Rock-climbing (3 days), hiking (only a day trip) and Mountain Biking (day trip). I figure that five days of play cannot be too bad.

Paz and Amor
Ty

No comments: