Monday, October 15, 2007

....con
It was nice to see some trees and a river. But the hike was a little short for my taste. Saturday night was much more low key and we watched a movie...I think they might have watched two movies. The movies were entirely in Spanish with no sub titles so I could only understand bits and pieces of the story. I think, it was about a woman who has a bike accident, loses her memory, a man who pretends to be her boyfriend, and then a series of events at a campsite leading up to an encounter with her psycho ex boyfriend....ooo and something to do with red squirrels. I think I will try to find out about it when I get home so I can watch it with English subtitles.

So after a reasonable 9 hours of sleep I woke up and watched some TV waiting for the rest of the gaggle to summon its self. With half we took off on what I thought was only a coffee trip but ended up a tour of the city. This confusion sucked because I forgot my damn camera for all the beautiful pictures of the town. We ended the day with a giant meal. The meal consisted of 1) calamaries, 2) judia (not sure what this is) 3) a huge salad and finally (4) a giant steaming bowl of paella. The paella was served in its traditional paella cooking bowl/ware and was the size of an extra large pizza. It had rabbit, peppers and rice.....I tried the rabbit just to be hospitable and then just stuck to the rice. I realize that the rice had just as much rabbit juice on it but ooooo well you do what you can.

We returned to Almeria by about 730 pm.
Classes continue to be hard and only seemed to heighten my frustration as each day passes. I am either getting dumber each day or the two girls in the class are quickly lapping me and coming back for seconds. My real problem is that I need a teacher to just explain what she means in English just once and then yeah go back to Spanish. But when you cannot understand the verb tense, or other rule it makes it all most impossible to excel. I still have the thesis laying on my conscience like a hidden bear clawing at the inside of my skull. The bear wants to come out and explore and gain information but remains in his cave because of other forces taking the needed brain power to write. Meaning I feel like doing nothing after a day of Spanish classes.

....I will just have to make myself. well hope you enjoyed the weekend update, thats all from this side of the world!!
PEACE LOVE
TY

No comments: