Friday, October 19, 2007

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

So today in this arid sun parched land the rain continues to beat down. It started yesterday at about 8pm or so and has not let up since now 2pm. It seems like such a odd sight when you have put so much energy into writing a thesis about the lack of water in a region with little. I even checked out the averages for this time of the year and at most for October its 1 inch. I think they exceeded this in the current storm so it’s either climate change or just a fluke storm.
To make things more interesting, I received a text message (sms) last night at 11pm from my profesora. She had been feeling bad in class today and this message was to let me know that we had no class today because she had to go the hospital for test. Hopefully she is ok. So I slept and slept well, like a bear hibernating wrapped in my blankets, blinds shut, thunder rumbling in the distance, rain popping on the roof like fairies dancing on the rooftops. 10 hours later I finally decided that I should probably come out my comfort and into the world. Of course it was raining so my options on what to do where immediately limited to a grain.
So I wrote 11 postcards...made my way through the flooded streets to the post office, and then went for one of my wandering walks to nowhere. On this one I went into a CD shop trying to find a Spanish musician I enjoy only for him to look at me like some unique species from another universe speaking in a unknown and undistinguishable form of tongue. SO I said adios and got out of there. Stopped for bottles of water and then back to the casa

Thats my day thus far
Paz and Love
Ty

No comments: