Friday, June 16, 2006

Hello Everybody,

I arrived in Krakow yesterday at about 1145 after a 2 hour and 45 min train ride. The train ride was very chaotic at first but me and a Brit i had met in Warsaw found a cart with four empty seats, so enough to let us and are bags sit. Krakow is defiantly a lot more beautiful then Warsaw both with architecture and people. The Hostel has been nice so far and has a great bar underneath it although i would like to go out in the city tonight. Yesterday I toured the 700 year old Salt mines located about 13 km southeast of Krakow. After a very full bus ride we arrived and payed more then i would normally for a tour of mine defiantly in Eastern Europe. the mine was impressive but not as much as we were told it was. After walking back in forth to the train/bus station (4 times) and the salt mines I did not feel like going out last night. We ate at a TEx-Mex place last night because the Indian place we were going had changed location. I got a vegetarian burrito that was a tortilla filled with veggies. In addition, they call chips, nachos and salsa, chile dip. Today I am going to the famous old concentration camps about 1 1/2 outside of town to the west. Tomorrow I am going to the castle because a bunch of the exhibits are free. I watch the futbol matches as much as possible and if not check out the highlights on the internet. The US plays at 9 so I will definitely be watching the game hopefully we beat Italy or that's all folks. To Prague on Monday, till then keep it real.....Peace

Ty

p.s. Will thanks for creating an account just to write comments.

No comments: