Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ok I made it Romania in one piece and its day two of a crazy couple of days. The receptionist in Budapest gave me the wrong town to go to in Romania. I did not realize this untill I was already on the train, so I decided just to go ahead and go. So I set out on a 7 hour train ride to Southwestern Romania and the town of Timisoura. I met a HUngarian college student going to visit his girlfriend and luckly he spoke english. SO becuase I met them they helped me by my ticket for today, exchange money and take me to my two star hotel that was was probally worst then a hostel. Later in the night I met up with them again and bought them beers for healping me out. They were extremely nice and he was eager to learn english by praticing with a english speaker. So bed at 1215am and up at 450am to catch my 6am train to Cluj-Napoca, the old capital of Transalvania and the home to Romainas biggest University (Graduation day was today). Monday its off to the home of dracula, which should be interesting. I ate some typical Romanian foor for lunch, beer stomach soup and chicken in mushroom suace with palienta. I think I might be getting sick so I tired to go by the pharmacy to get antibiotics but the language barrior was to much and they gave me some medicated caugh/troat dropplets. So hopefully I sweat off the infection. Romania's train system is very interesting and most of the time there is only one train track so you have to wait at designated stopping areas for another train. The beginning of Transvania was very nice with rolling hills of both trees and grass! I cant wait to see the mountains. Have not met anyone here yet but the day is young....till next time,

TY

No comments: