Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Istanbul has been a very interesting city. It is def. one of the most beutifal cities I have ever been to. The biggest problem or hassle that takes a few days to get used to, is the constant bombardment of sales men on you as you walk the streets. No matter a resteraunt, rug shop, gift shop or any tourist like place you are likely to get hassled by a sales men or waiter. They pretend to want and talk to you and then of course try to sell you something. The thing to do is just pretend you are deaf and mute and keep walking by, ignoring the different languages they try to trow at you. The food is usally a meat, vegetable and bread with fruit for dinner. If not that its Meza's which are simmilar to the Spainsh Tapas or American appitizers with a plate of girlled fish fallowing the appitizers.

Yesterday I returned from a short jounerney to central Anatolia and the area of Cappidocia. It reminded me of the Besties in the four courners or the Wheeler geological area in the Southern Colorado Rockies, except bigger and of course many more tourist. I did two days worth of tours which if coming back I would not do because they are set up generally for Koreans who want to just take pictures and not necesseraly explore or hear further information on the area. Besides that the area was beutifal and a nice break from a city of 17 million. I stayed the night in a "cave hotel" which was more posh then in sounds, although the family was having a huge BBQ the night I stayed there and probally made the trip. In addition, I saw many Anatolian dogs, which my mom has two of, working either as guard dogs or with sheep and goats.

My stomach has been bothering me a bit, so I think I will take it easy today..maybe the military muesem. Tonight I am going to a Wurling Dervish/Belly Dancing show which will proabaly be antoher ploy to get more tourist money. I head back Saturday monring and arrive in Dallad Saturday night.

Ty

No comments: