Friday, July 07, 2006

Ok everybody I made to Bucharest in one peice. The reason for the mass e-mail was becuase this blogger site did not work in Brasov. Since my last e-mail I have done several things. The town of Brasov is not that awmassing but seems to be very popular with tourist. In Brasov there are a few things to do, climb this meandering trail to the top of a hill with an amassing view of Brasov below it....which I did....and of course I refused to take the tram up or down, climb two old towers perched on the side of the opposite hill....one I climbed up but was not that great, check out the churches and other historical buildings and finally go see bran castle. I did the climbing and city site seeing on the first day. Yesterday I made my way via taxi and then bus to Bran, the castle made famous for all false reasons. I was very disappointed with the castle and to me it was just a tourist trap with literally hordes of tourist flocking there in search of vampires, I guess. The best part about the castle was a hidden train behind it that led up to the top of a hill to a medow filled with wild flowers and one solitery tree. Like the tree, I sat out in the field and enjoyed the tranquilty of no people and ate some bread and drank some water. From there I headed back to Brasov, oppting not to stop in Rasnov to view the ruins of the citidal.
Once back in Brasov I got a big traditional Romaninan lunch with vegtable soup, and some sort of main course....something wrapped in cabbage, a beer, and a shot of some liquor the waiter recommended as a digestive. Then I headed into town in search of new shoes because my boots were ripping my feat apart. I baught some puma running shoes, only sold in Romania and the differnce is ten fold. I went back to the hostel for some RR and to read my new book....I finally finshed the first. At 6 I went to the Black Church to watch the Danish choir staying at my hostel perform. They were amassing but the organ inbetween sessions reminded me of a reoccuring nightmare I have. So out for a couple beers at night, where I met a Senegal futbol player playing professionaly in Romania, it was bed time. Today I caught the train here, about 3 hours, then headed for the hostel which is nice as well. Tomarrow at 9pm its a night train to SOfia, where I get in at 6:10 am. I will leave to Istanbul on Wed. probally on a bus because it is 4 hours shorter.

All for now.........
TY

No comments: