Friday, November 14, 2008

The Bush Regime's Serial Abuse Of Consumers Is Undermining The Entire Economy

I won a little victory yesterday. Alarm companies, I found out from the California Attorney General's office, have a little scam. Ever read your alarm company contract? No, me neither; and that's a mistake. If you cancel on them you owe them for the rest of the year. I canceled; they came and took the equipment and then continued to bill me. It took 6 months-- and zero help from any consumer affairs departments-- but yesterday they finally told me to shred the bills. A blow against the Empire? One small step for mankind...

A couple days ago the L.A. Times ran a piece about how the Empire is sticking it to all of us... and in so many ways. You think your jar of Skippy Extra Chunky Peanut butter looks the same as it always did? OK, it does look the same. But if you turn it-- or almost anything that comes in a plastic container-- over you'll notice something new and improved: a big ole indentation. And that indentation accounts for 1.7 ounces less extra crunchy peanut butter. Across a wide array of products consumers are getting less for our money.

Link to con.

No comments: