Friday, November 16, 2007

Week report from the confused soltero
This week of school brought me back to the usual frustrated confused state of being with the introduction of the indirect verb usage. Not only is this a torture to learn in Spanish but as well in English. The problem arises in the fact that to tell someone what was said by someone else, normally we shorten it because we do not remember all of what was said. This normally gets the point across and the person can hopefully use some of their brain to put together the rest. However in class we have to repeat word for word what the person said and change the verb tense to what best suits the sentence. Really I am confused just writing about it....needless to say this week was like being shot in the stomach, rolling in pain for about two hours, then fixed up, and finally shot again the next day to endure the same process again.
On a somewhat lighter note I did get to play soccer on Monday night. Being that Almeria is a desert, the only grass fields are for the professional teams and instead the people play on clay courts. Basically it’s playing indoor soccer, outside....a bit of an oxymoron but you get the point. If rock-climbing had not already completely liquefied my muscles, indoor soccer put on the final touch....putting me in a hobbled state for the next couple of days. In addition, I took a direct shot to the shin with the soccer ball which I think might have realigned my entire face...not really but that is how I felt. No hard food for 12hours but now its fine!!! I guess I am bitching a lot but that kind of how the week went.
After this week with not interviews......Next week I have two interviews planned and possibly a third.
This weekend I am going hiking on Saturday and Bouldering on Sunday. I am looking forward to both although for hiking, a 8am start will come early but I guess it is a good reason not to go out drinking. I should have pictures and stories by Sunday afternoon....so stay tuned. Well that is all for now
.......

Peace and Love
Ty

No comments: