Saturday, November 24, 2007

A History of the Wine
The Wine....

Ok so this story begins with the lovely thought of purchasing some wine to send back to the states for personal use and for presents, sounds easy, not so fast my friend. The purchase and shipment went very smoothly and quickly without any flaws which led me to believe that all was ok. But two days later I got "the call" from my mom letting me know that the wine was not going to make it. I got declined because I do not have a import/export license (this is a license that you get basically for paying the government a shit load of money, fucking capitalism) and because I was trying to send to a private address (I tried to fix this by sending it to a winery but this did not work either). Some how 12 bottles of medium prized wine does not make me think that I am going to flood the American market with black-market Rioja from Spain, but evidently they think else wise. I am thinking that I might attempt to send 6 bottles to the US via the vineyard. What do you think, worth a shot?...probably not but what the fuck! I just would really like to bring some back because it will be impossible or nor wise to try and take them to Tanzania. I still do not understand what happened. The Spanish blame it on the US and US blames it on Spain....must be easy to never admit you’re at fault!!
Such as life either way but it really pisses me off and adds to my growing frustration with all. I understand living day to day and just being happy but it ekes me to think of the current and future of this world. To think that we will eventually crumble away on this tiny dot in the universe, not ever knowing what the endless universe beholds. I guess a person can get lost searching for answers to the endless but I find myself trying to answer questions to many things that seem impossible to answer or fix. But I go on trying to make a difference little by little, person to person, and enjoy the great experiences and people I meet along the road.
I am still combating my cold through ridiculous amounts of vitamin C....4,000 mg a day and some odd Spanish sinus medicine powder that dissolves in water.
I have been hanging out a lot more with the Italian/Argentina/American girl. She has begun to mean the world to me, not only with an attraction physically but with her personality as well. I am sure that I will break another heart when I move on....and this I am sorry for because I do not want this. I really like her as well but I guess I am pretty used to moving on....and I have promised not only myself but other people that I will finish my thesis this Spring. But I warned her that I had to leave....maybe and hopefully a different place and different time are paths will cross in this small world....who knows, only the future.
I am hoping my cold lets up so that I can get some last ditch exercise in for the coming assent in Africa. School continues as is it....learning some but more frustrating then anything. Had two interviews this week, looking like one on Sunday and another on Monday....that makes seven....not to bad but 10 would be nice. Well Love to ALL and do not forget to check out Dennis Kucinich who is running for president.....he has great plans...if only people would listen!!
PAZ Y AMOR
TY

No comments: