Thursday, October 30, 2008

Adventures in Bottomfeeding: Bill Ayers and the Pinochet Rationale
by Pamela Troy

As I’ve observed, every now and then I like to put on my scuba suit and mask, strap on a hefty supply of oxygen, and dive down, down, down into the depths of the right-wing blogosphere – Free Republic, Little Green Footballs, the comments sections of various wing-nut blogs, etc. Sometimes I’ll encounter a truly appalling argument, and, after a couple of tentative pokes with my trident, carry it back up to the surface to show everybody.

“Ewwwwwwww!” I’ll exclaim. “Look what I found!”

The problem is, a few years or even a few months later, I’ll be out in the sunlight, the wind in my hair, enjoying a good healthy sail over the surface of the American media, when suddenly my rudder will hit something. I’ll stop, investigate and discover that the one-eyed, slimy, tentacled, half rotten fishy smelling monster I’d grossed everybody out with in the past is now doing backstrokes in broad daylight across the offline media and being seriously discussed by Sean Hannity or Lou Dobbs or even Wolf Blitzer.

My latest foray into the depths has brought up a truly funny and grotesque specimen, once again via the wonderful people at Sadlyno. It seems that Bob Owens, AKA Confederate Yankee, conducted an interview with “Weathermen insider/FBI informant Larry Grathwohl” now posted on Pajamasmedia as “Eyewitness to the Ayers Revolution,” in which reference is made to the following excerpt from a 1982 documentary (which seems to be listed nowhere on IMDB) No Place to Hide:

Link to con.

No comments: