Thursday, September 14, 2006

I recently received a comment about me not posting anything about my current affiars here in Montana. I am sorry I have not put more personal data online but just have not got around to it. Grad school is a completly different atmosphere and kepps you very busy. I went to and finsished Texas State, I think with general ease, and got a eduaction (defenitly in Geography) based more on the technical side of geography. Now, into Grad school things have changed complety and I am sure for the better. There is alot more emphasis on reading and wriitng, I am sure for preperation for a thesis. In addition, at least in my Geograohical thought course, on the philosphy and history behind geography. One thing of interest of the many I will l let you know about.
The on going confirtation between religion and science has been going since the middle ages. TO call this a war would be misleading. The idea, which I think I agree with, came to mind about religion pushing both sides to prove each other wornd and in turn fueling the science side of the field to research even more. What I mean is if religion did not exist, even though I am a atheist at least as far as modern religion is consered, sceince would not have as much to try to prove. It is hard for any person to argue the fact that there is no "God", because we are yet to explore even most of the universe. What did create all, I do not think think it was some guy in the clouds who said to build mulitple million dollor churches and involve political issues with religion, but I think its hard to not belive in some aspect of a higher being.
Besides that, Missoula is a great town and as I have been told its "15 minutes from Montana" as I think Austin is 15 minutes from Texas. That meaning that in a state were there is considerable conservative populations its a mecca of liberalizism that goes along with libral thinking and the oddities of the liberal population. Such as trustafarians, vagabonds, and other starange people. I can bike, hike, and flyfish all within a short distance of this area. This makes it a dream area.....and I forgot the skiing which I have not done yet!
We live in a world that is forever changing and its a situation in which mush of us fell we do not know what we should do. I think many people disagree with what is going on currently in the US governement and do not know what to do. I to fall into this category. I think it comes to a point were, yes voting counts, but generally it is just for the better of two evivls. Coorperations seem to conotrol the US and many other developed countries and leave plent of the poor behind. What we do, I do not know but hopefully I or someone will think or something.
As far as a thesis, I am considering.....and hopefully doing a project on water resources in Spain. Spain is a country dominated by huge drought problems in the southern half of the country and has the highest number of dams in Europe with 600. (Most built durring Franco) I want to explore this issue and see what city, regional and country planners are doing to understand this water scarcity problem and how they plan to elievate the issues at hand.
Hopefully this is somewhat of a summery of my thoughts and experiences in the last month. Sorry if there are typos but this all comes to mind and I write it down and publish it.

Peace, Love, Courage

TY

1 comment:

The Taylor Family said...

Thank you. While I may enjoy your political commentary it was nice to see something about you. I would have never guessed that a graduate degree in geography would be so philosophical based. I am more of a numbers person so it would be hard for me. Hope to see you soon!
Taylor clan