Friday, December 07, 2007

A much needed and I am sure highley anticipated update!

So after much demand, well actually only one person, I figured I should write a short update on the events that have passed since my last entry. Where to begin....Once upon a time...just kidding. Well class has generally been the same with no real changes or revalations. I continue to stuggle in remembering all the rules and vocabulary that comes with a new language. But my understanding of people speak spanish, at least slowley, has certainly improved....but for me I think it is more due to communication then studying. For me I think the best thing the US could do is make children learn Spanish from a young age (and once they are older, say high school give them more choices)....we need to encourage a bilingual US.
I have been very busy not only trying wrap up my thesis interviews (I currently have 8....and I wanted 10), school, my new passion for climbing (bouldering), and trying to enjoy the last few weeks with my girlfriend. It is always very hard for me to find someone that I like alot knowing that I am leaving in the end. Hopefully, we will stay in contact and meet again for Spring Break or after I graduate.
This past weekend me and the crew went on a trip to the moutain villiage of Lanjaron...near Granada. It was a great time and the highlight was my first jump off a bridge and sitting around a chimney talking and driking with friends....both Spanish and English. The dry cold moutain air was refreshing and the view of snow reminded me of the real winter happening in Montana.
One more week and off I go on to the next chapter.......
My siter and cunado arrive tomorrow and today I rented a car to take them around in! Should be interesting! Well maybe I will write some more before I head off!

Paz and Love
Ty

No comments: